Sunday, March 13, 2011

VTU Hangover

As the name says this post describes the after effects of VTU life. From my past experiences I just wanted to share how VTU has influenced my life (may be even yours) even after I am no more a VTU student. For people who don’t know what VTU is, Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), was the university from which I was graduated (really?? unbelievable!!!) from. But VTU was never expanded so, but instead we use to call it V Torture U (VTU), V Trouble U…. and trust me if you are a VTU student, you will be knowing those expansions made sense.

It all began a few days ago when I had been to a temple. As soon I stood in front of god, I started praying “Oh god please let me get good marks in the exam…” But wait a minute!!!! What exam??? What marks??? I am no more a student!!!! That’s what VTU has influenced on me. Whenever you go to god, the first thing I do is to pray for marks (I don’t think god has listened to that anyway!!!), the default prayer. We use to be in such a mental tension (atleast during exam times ;)) where you never get what you expect so let the ‘marks’ thing be included in all the prayers was the concept behind this and it is being followed till today!!!

Do you remember this… http://results.vtu.ac.in/... How can one forget that!!! It use to be nightmare in everyone’s dream… I bet atleast 95% of VTU students hate this. We learnt a very important lesson from this website, ”Expect the unexpected”. We rarely use to get marks which they were supposed to give. And then would be the revaluation time. The revaluation is the main thing due to which VTU is that rich now!!! I had applied for revaluation just once and that was sufficient for me to lose trust in VTU.

Anyway its all over now. Feeling bad that my college life is over... However, definitely happy that I should no more lead a VTU life. If possible, I would like to go back to my college life but if its VTU life… I better stay where I am.

Finally, I would like to tell one thing…

5 comments:

  1. Amazingly written... :) Way to go maga... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrated by VTU even though u passed out with flying colours? The pic talks more than your words... LoL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the end of the day, VTU Rocks !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how much we hate VTU,,,at the end of the day it feels proud to say, iam a graduate from VTU....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one maga!! You have applied for reval once, I applied for nearly 6 times during my course and not a single mark i got in all my attempts :P

    ReplyDelete